Parmigiani

Parmigiani
Take me to the Parmigiani blog!

Friday, April 8, 2011

Chinatown Singapore: evening photographs

After the recce trip, I went back one evening to Block 335B, and took these photographs. All with the HCD4/28 wide angle.

First, from the same vantage point, 24 floors up in the block



and from the same direction, but from the 16th floor



What do you readers think? Which do you prefer? Any thoughts why?

I should have taken these photographs at dusk, when the last dying rays of the sun will still provide some illumination, and lift the red roofs with some lighting. I may go back and shoot that.

Anyway, since I was in the Chinatown area, I walked around and shot these with the H3d-39 and HCD4/28 handheld:



Shot at ISO800, and converted as medium jpegs in Phocus, and exported as bw to Photoshop CS4 to tweak levels, very slight sharpening and reduce size further.



And finally from a street corner. Click on the image for the bw version, and tell me which one you prefer.

1 comment:

Forest Vision Group said...

I like the first one with the brighter lights (Chinatown). I am not very good at expressing why I think one is more beautiful than the other... but I guess the first looks much more vibrant and probably more reflective of the lively atmosphere of the area