Parmigiani

Parmigiani
Take me to the Parmigiani blog!

Friday, October 26, 2012

More on the Zullo MaxSilenus

More bicycle photography today, as I was not satisfied with the full bike pictues featured on Tuesday, I went outdoors...riding the bicycle and shooting. The result is today's post.

Apologies watch fans, horological photographs will return next week. But at the top end, horology and bicycle making is similar. Zullo featured here, and many of the small manufacturers are much like the independents in watchmaking. I find the parallels very amazing. Here, this frame is hand welded by Tiziano Zullo, and painted by his master apprentice Maso. This is possibly at the top of the craft...amongst other builders, Zullo is a bit unknown outside the world of handmade bicycles. Even then, Dario Pegoretti is much more famous within the same circle. Much like perhaps the comparison between Philippe Dufour and Vianney Halter. Both geni in their own right. Dufour also has a Japanese master apprentice (whose name escapes me for the moment). Small, independent, passionate.

I think the photograph above works as a documentary style approach to showing the whole bicycle.

Perhaps at an angle, from the rear, a bit more emotion?

And some photographs taken with the diminutive LX3, at Labrador Park and Keppel Island

And back home, by my carpark

And of course, a little closer...afterall macros are my speciality

The rear, full on, showing the Brooks B-17 saddle and the sexy curves of the single pivot Campagnolo Athena brakes.

The front brakes are not to be outdone either. Skeletonized, double pivot. Very effective. I find the Campagnolo brakes to be very good, with excellent modulation and stopping power.

The eagle eyed might spot that the stem is different on some of the photographs. The original stem is a titanium stem, but at 130mm, it makes the reach a bit long for me. The replacement stem is a Nitto Pearl 100mm stem...much more comfortable.

I think these are perhaps a bit better than my first experiment at photographing the Zullo MaxSilenus. What do you think?

No comments: